Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday (Springsteen impression)


Today is a special day its my girlfriend's birthday. We woke and went for breakfast and champagne on Rene Levesque. When we first met in Amsterdam I asked her how I could win her heart, she sent me a list of simple things which included stuff I was already doing e.g.

Make me laugh - Check
Do an in bar snow angel - Check (yes, I really did!)
Extend a trip to stay with me in Amsterdam - Check
Always find the right words at the right moment - Check
Be romantic in simple things - Check
Make me feel great - Check
Make everything sooo easy - Check
Make me want a be a better person - Check
Help me not being scared all the time - Check
Cross an ocean to kiss me - Coming soon! (and now check because...well...I moved there!)
Do a Springsteen impression and sing me She's the one - Work in progress!

"You are almost there" she said

So yesterday I spent some time working on my gift the "BIG impression". After breakfast I walked her to work and just as we got by this beautiful Church on the hill, It has a bis stone entrance with great acoustics(i need all the help I can get) I dragged her in and sat her down for my performance. (thank god for the Champagne)It was a shaky version and I forgot the words here and there, but SHE LOVED IT.....

2 years ago I never thought I would be capable of feeling this way again, or able to think romantically. After a 10 year relationship and marriage that went wrong which caused so much pain you feel that you lose yourself and your not sure if you can come back. But you can, and you realize that you are not alone and that the sooner you can let go, forgive, stop telling your friends the same sob story etc..and then move on. The better you will be. The reason I'm telling you this is because when I did all those things and started to think about what I wanted in a relationship the universe started to do its magic, and it delivered me into the lead roll of of a love story that started in my mind.

Thankyou

No comments: